Charvey Lane, Rathnew, Co. Wicklow
Ph: + 353 (0)404 62000 Fax: + 353 (0)404 62001
A brief history of Wood Mouldings
Wood Mouldings began its life in 1951 in the garage of Val Browne's family home in the south Dublin suburb of Sandycove. Producing products such ironing boards, deck chairs and black board easels, the company grew rapidly and after a number of years moved to the Old Tram Yard in the nearby village of Dalkey. Val, an experienced aircraft engineer, bought the first moulding machine from a scrap yard for just IR£20 and once restored to working condition it became responsible for much of the company's turnover, producing approximately 6,000 metres per week.
Business grew from strength to strength and in January 1984, Wood Mouldings Ltd was officially established. The family modernised the machinery over a number of years and slowly built up a loyal customer base, many of whom are still our customers today. Then in 1987, Val retired and passed the family business to his sons Ultan and Coley.
A new 15,000 square metre factory
Wood Mouldings is today a fast growing business which produces approximately 100,000 metres of moulding per week and employs 30 full time staff. Though known to many, even still, as Dalkey Mouldings, the company moved from there in early 1999 having, once again, out grown its premises. The current location is a 15,000 Square metre, purpose built factory in Rathnew, Co Wicklow where we plan to be for many years to come.
|Glue Edged boards|